Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
LINKS APARTMENTS AND LINKS VILLAS
- In these terms and conditions the expression “the owner” shall mean the person or persons who have appointed and authorised the Links Apartments referred to as (the company) to act as his, her or their agents in the holiday letting of the accommodation, the expression “the customer” shall mean all persons who occupy the property during the term of the letting.
- The Letting Contract is made between the customer and the owner of the property for which the booking is made, and is subject to the following conditions, the Company act as Agents for the owners and are not the principals.
- The Company will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owner or any other person nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the customer or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the letting or resulting from any other cause whatsoever.
- Bookings are only accepted and confirmed with a deposit of 25% of the total rent. All outstanding balances are due 30 days before arrival. If a reservation is made less than 30 day before arrival, the full rent is due at the time of booking.
- On receipt of deposit customers are liable for payment of balance of rent. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and we may re-let the property without reference to the customer who remains liable for payment of the full amount. Credit will be given for any rents received from re-letting less a £20.00 administration fee. Alterations to bookings will be subject to £10.00 administration fee.
- Payments and Accounts. Cheques accepted for advance payment by post. Credit cards: Switch, Visa, Mastercard are also accepted Accounts (for extras) are rendered weekly and/or on departure. Payment by Credit Card (see para 7) preferred. Cheques, to the value of valid cheque card, also accepted in settlement on departure.
- Security Deposit. We ask you for Credit Card details (see Booking Form) and the authority to charge any breakages, damages, additional cleaning costs and extras (newspapers, metered telephone charges etc.) up to a maximum of £50.
- “Acceptance of a reservation by the company confers upon the customer the right to occupy the property or apartment for holiday purposes only within the meaning of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 or any subsequent amendment thereof. All persons will vacate the property at the conclusion of the period of let.”
- Only the persons specified on the Booking Form may reside in the property. The customer agrees to take good care of the property. The customer will be responsible for the full cost of damages or breakages and any exceptional cleaning. The client will leave the property in the same condition in which it was found on arrival (with the exception of dirty linen) and fit for occupation by the next guest. In particular, ovens, jobs and worktops must be left clean. To assist you with this, a cleaning service is available on the day of departure at extra cost.
- We regret that, with the exception of registered Guide Dogs, pets are not allowed in any of the properties.
- Leisure Facilities The use of these amenities is entirely at the customer’s risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury or loss of or damage to users’ belongings. Children must be supervised at all times by parents/guardian and not left in the pool unattended. Please note that the pool is unsupervised. Staff who may be present in these areas are there only for the purpose of providing information and are not under any circumstances to be regarded as providing supervision. You are strongly advised not to use the pool or sauna alone in case of sudden illness. The pool has a maximum depth of 2 metres and no diving or jumping is allowed. Please do not hang towels, costumes etc. out on window ledges, as this practice not only offends the eye, but contravenes local byelaws.
- In the interests of others, customers must ensure that there is no unreasonable amount of noise within their apartment, particularly late at night.
- For purposes of Insurance, and out of consideration for the majority of our guests, smoking is not permitted in any of our properties. Failure to comply could trigger the smoke alarms.
- Lettings commence at 4.00 p.m. on first day of tenancy and end at 10.00 a.m. on day of departure, when the property must be vacated.
- The booking is made on the understanding that the property is available to the customer on the dates stated. If for any reason beyond the control of the Company or the owner (e.g. fire damage, illness, etc.) the property is not available on the date booked the Company will use its best endeavours to provide alternative accommodation to the customer but cannot guarantee that such will be provided and if such alternative accommodation cannot be found or is not suitable to the customer then all monies paid by the customer shall be returned in full. The Company or the owner shall not be liable for any loss, expense, inconvenience or otherwise resulting from such unavailability or unsuitability and the customer shall have no claim against them.
- The Company reserves the right to reasonable access to the property by the owners or their staff.
- In the event of a complaint the customer should, in the first instance, notify the Duty Manager at The Royal Marine Hotel.
- The person signing the booking form who must be a member of the party occupying the property, agrees to the Conditions of Booking on behalf of all persons included on the Booking Form.
- In case of any discrepancies between these booking conditions and the other contents of the brochure, these conditions shall prevail.
- The management undertake to repair or replace any faulty equipment with all due diligence. However, no claims will be entertained in respect of equipment that remains faulty for reasons beyond the management’s control.
- If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions the owners or the Company’s staff may, at their discretion, re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice. The contract is deemed to have been made at: The Royal Marine Hotel, Golf Road, Brora, Sutherland, KW9 6QS.
- No employee or agent of the Company has any authority or right to modify any of these conditions or to make any representation or undertake any liability on behalf of the Company. The Company does not warrant any statements, actings or otherwise of the owner and do not accept responsibility or liability for any acts, omissions, neglect or default, etc. of the owner